Living the Ketogenic Lifestyle Building healthy habits to reach your optimal health and weight!
What is a Ketogenic Lifestyle and how can it affect my health?
The Ketogenic approach centers on getting the body into a process called Ketosis. Simply speaking, Ketosis is a state where your body burns fat instead of carbs for energy. Your body first burns carbs to turn them into sugar for energy. But if you don’t have any carbs, the body will have to go to the secondary fuel source, fat burning. This allows you to reduce calorie and food intake while staying satisfied and well nourished.
Recent studies show that reducing calories leads to healthy weight loss, cardiovascular benefits, better blood sugar control, and even increases longevity. Keto diet helps you do that while still feeling satisfied.
What are the benefits of a Ketogenic diet?
- Increased energy and wellbeing
- Safe and steady weight loss
- Mental clarity
- Diminished sugar and excess food cravings
- Reduced inflammation
- Disease prevention
What’s it all about…
Intro to Keto - First Month
The first month takes you through the initial stages of the Ketogenic lifestyle. The goal is to get your body in Ketosis. You will replace sugar with your stored body and dietary fat
as your primary fuel source.
Week 1- Baby Steps
During days 2-4, your body will shift its primary fuel source to fat. During the detox (sugar detox) stage, some people will experience “Keto Flu” which can result in headaches, low energy and moods shifts. If needed, we have strategies to combat this, no worries! During the remainder of week 1, you will learn about how to eat Keto through direct
feedback and consultations, start keeping a journal, and you will join our private Facebook group to interact with others in the program.
Weeks 2-4 - Transitioning
As you start to more fully use fat as your primary fuel source, you should notice decreased sugar and excess food cravings, more energy and restful sleep, weight loss (varies from person to person), and reduced inflammation.
Living Keto - Month Two
By now, you should be experiencing increased day-to-day energy, weight loss and greater comfort with the program…the Keto lifestyle is becoming a routine. You’re using our FB group for feedback, you are experimenting new recipes, following Keto while traveling or at restaurants is simpler, and you have begun micro exercise and mindful practices.
Keto Transformation - Month Three
If you’ve stuck with the program, by now the changes are undeniable and YOU made that happen! You are engaged with your body in a whole new way. You will learn and implement strategies for weight stalls. If you are game, you will experiment with intermittent fasting and hacks. Look how far you’ve come!
Love Kick - 3 Month Keto Lifestyle Program Includes:
- 45-minute initial consultation.
- Custom Food Template/Plan.
- One scheduled phone, FaceTime or Zoom call per week. (15-20 minutes).
- Leveraging of our FB group for meal photo uploading, feedback and inspiration.
- Ongoing journaling of your questions, concerns or “light-bulb” moments. We will discuss this content during your scheduled weekly meeting.
- Receipt of newsletters, recipes, vlogs and inspirational text messages.
- SOPHIA Natural Health Center Wellness Screening
- 10% Discount on any program products.
Cost of the whole program is $469.00 for a limited time ONLY.
How to get started:
1. Call SOPHIA Natural Health Center at (203) 740-9300 to arrange a 1-on-1 10-minute phone interview with Ricka Baker
to see if you qualify for the program.
2. Once approved, a SOPHIA Case Manager will call you to arrange registration and payment for the program.
3. Your initial 45-minute consult and Wellness Screening is then scheduled.
About Us: SOPHIA Natural Health Center and Love Kick – A Partnership
Dr. Ken Hoffman, is the Medical Director for SOPHIA Natural Health Center. It is one of the busiest Acupuncture and Integrative Medical clinics in CT. He is also the host of the popular radio show, “The Natural Medicine Connection” on 94.1/800 WLAD every Saturday morning.
Ricka Baker of Love Kick has been helping clients achieve their health goals for 20 years. She is a certified Ketogenic health and accountability mentor through Dr. Eric Berg. The strength of her program comes from her personal journey, as well as the countless clients she has worked with who have encountered the same struggles of losing weight and maintaining optimal health.
SOPHIA Natural Health Center
31 Old Route 7, Brookfield, CT 06804
Phone: (203) 740-9300