Farm-to-Table Market Recipe of the Week: Steak and Asparagus
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
Recipe by John Jay Homestead Farmers Market - Every week swing by the manager’s table to check out our market ingredients box, get the recipe, shop and make a true farm-to-table dish at home!
(1) 12 Ounce Boneless Strip Steak (3/4” Thick) (John Boy’s Farm)
(2) Large Garlic Cloves, Rough Chop (Madura)
(1) Pinch Black Pepper
(1) Pinch Salt
(12-14) Thin Asparagus Spears, Ends Snapped Off (Madura)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (Arlotta Food Studios)
1/3 Cup Beef Broth
2 tsp- White Cooking Wine
½ tsp- Dijon Mustard
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Marinate steaks by rubbing in garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Place trimmed asparagus in a shallow dish and drizzle with olive oil
4. For the sauce, in a small saucepan over medium high heat, add wine and cook for 2 minutes, add beef broth and bring to a bubble. Stir in mustard and keep warm.
5. Place steaks on hot grill
For medium rare, cook 2 minutes on each side covered, 4 minutes each side uncovered
For medium, cook 3 minutes on each side covered, 5 minutes each side uncovered
6. Add asparagus to hot grill and cook for the last 5 minutes
7. Pour sauce on top of steaks.
John Jay Homestead Farmers Market
Saturday, May 18
10:00am to 2:00pm
400 Jay Street, Katonah
This season, please use the main driveway and park in the front pasture.