Juicy berries & delicate angel food cake mingled in this summer dessert perfect for your Fourth of July Festivities!
· 1 prepared angel food cake (13 oz)
· 1 qt. fresh strawberries
· 3 cups (750 mL) fresh blueberries
· 1 container (16 oz) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
· 4 containers (6 oz/175 g each) blended strawberry yogurt
· 1 pkg (3.3 oz) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
· 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
· 2 cups (500 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
1. Cut cake into 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes; set aside. Hull fresh strawberries and cut into quarters. Set aside 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the fresh strawberries and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the blueberries for garnish. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine remaining fresh and frozen strawberries; mix well.
2. In Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl, whisk yogurt, pudding mix and lemon juice until smooth; immediately fold in 1 cup (250 mL) of the whipped topping.
3. To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into Trifle Bowl. Top with one-third of the strawberry mixture and one-third of the blueberries, pressing down lightly. Top with one-third of the yogurt mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two times, spreading last layer evenly.
4. To garnish, fill Easy Accent® Decorator fitted with open star tip with remaining whipped topping. Pipe whipped topping over top of trifle; garnish with reserved berries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
· 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 210, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 2 g
Cheesecake pudding and pie filling or vanilla pudding and pie filling can be substituted for the white chocolate pudding, if desired. If using vanilla pudding, add 6-8 drops of red food coloring for a pinker color, if desired.