Outdoor picnicking will return to County parks this year. The Westchester County Department of Parks, Recreation and Conservation is now taking reservations for the upcoming months.
Commissioner of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Conservation Kathy O’Connor said: “We are committed to providing recreational opportunities to our guests during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic. We continue to open activities that we feel we can operate safely, with health at the forefront of that decision making process. As we move into the spring and summer, we hope to have many picnics at our parks.”
All groups will be required to follow current Covid-19 guidelines at the time of their events including but not limited to capacity, social distancing and mask wearing.
Picnicking, including outdoor pavilions, is allowed at the following parks:
- Blue Mountain Reservation, Peekskill
- Croton Gorge, Cortlandt
- Croton Point Park, Croton-on-Hudson
- George’s Island Park, Montrose
- Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla
- V.E. Macy Park, Irvington
- Ridge Road Park, Hartsdale
- Saxon Woods Park, White Plains
- Sprain Ridge Park, Yonkers
- Tibbetts Brook Park, Yonkers
- Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Cross River
- Willson’s Woods Park, Mount Vernon
To make a reservation call the permit office at (914) 231-4575, Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reservation holders will be contacted if there are any changes to Covid-19 protocols in regards to capacity or cancellations.