Annual competition has 64 writing, editing and visual art categories and is open to all Connecticut-based media professionals
Isn’t it time to add “award-winning” to your resume?
If you published a book, started a blog, wrote a news article or op-ed piece article, created a social media campaign, or snapped a photograph you're particularly proud of, enter your work in the Connecticut Press Club’s popular Communications Contest, which rewards excellence in a wide range of categories.
Entries in 64 categories will be judged by professionals with corresponding expertise. Categories include:
- online and print news articles and columns
- social media campaigns
- nonfiction, fiction, poetry, YA and children's books
- specialty articles in the arts, food, business, education, travel and more...
- page design, editing, photography and graphics
- radio and TV
- podcasts and blogs
- advertising and PR
Things to keep in mind:
- Contest Fees: If you are a member of the CT Press Club, the fee is $25 for the first entry and $15 for each additional entry. Non-members pay $30 for the first entry and $20 for each additional entry.
- Eligibility: Anyone who is a member of the CT Press Club or either lives or works in Connecticut is eligible to enter (you can join the CT Press Club when you enter the contest; dues are $35/year). Work published between January 1st and December 31st, 2017 is eligible.
- Deadlines: The Connecticut early bird deadline is January 23rd and the regular deadline is February 6th. (After January 23rd, a one-time late fee of $25 will be added, whether you have one entry or many).
- We will celebrate the winners with a cocktail party and awards ceremony in May.
- Anyone who receives a first place award in the Connecticut contest will be eligible to enter the National Federation of Press Women National Communications Contest, providing 2018 NFPW membership dues have been paid. (Membership dues can be paid when you register for the contest.)
- There is a separate high school contest.
The Connecticut Press Club is an affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women (NFPW), which administers the state affiliate contests. You do not have to join the NFPW to enter our statewide contest, and if you'd like to join the CT Press Club, you can pay the fee online or send a check made out to Connecticut Press Club to: P.O. Box 45, Cos Cob, CT 06807.