Why Small Businesses Matter
Shop small, do big things for your community
Why Small Businesses Matter puts a spotlight on the local merchants who donate their time, talent, goods, and services for the betterment of our community. The shop local movement spreads virally as local businesses who are “tagged” have the opportunity to share their story!
You're IT Wise Guys Sauces!
Three questions with Edward J. Mailhot, Director of Sales at Wise Guys Sauces.
Why did you start your business?
In 2014 – it originally started as a Pizzeria in the Sono Market Place then transition to manufacturing our sauce.
What is your best-selling product/service?
We only have one product (for now) and it’s our all-natural, gluten-free marinara sauce!
How many local businesses do you use to support your business (products and services) and can you name them?
10 Local CT Grade A’s & Shop Rite:
- Norwalk (360 Connecticut Avenue)
- 3 Stamford Stores – (Commerce Location - 1990 West Main Street, Newfield - 563 Newfield Avenue. Shippan – 200 Shippan Ave)
- Fairfield (1975 Black Rock Turnpike)
- Shelton (875 Bridgeport Ave)
- Brookfield (143 Federal Road)
- Southbury (775 Main Street South)
- Danbury (1 Padanaram Road)
20 Local Markets & Deli:
- Harbor Point Organics - 14 Harbor Point Rd, Stamford, CT
- The Pantry - 1580 Post Rd, Fairfield, CT
- Palmer’s Market - 264 Heights Rd, Darien, CT
- Walter Stewart's Market - 229 Elm St, New Canaan, CT
- Village Market - 108 Old Ridgefield Rd, Wilton, CT
- Gaetano's Deli - (all 3 Locations; Westport, Stratford, Shelton)
- Genoa Deli & Pizza - 113 Danbury Rd, Ridgefield, CT
- Cranbury Market IGA - 343 Newtown Ave, Norwalk, CT
- Rowayton Market - 57 Rowayton Ave Norwalk, CT
- Mike’s Deli – 194 East Ave, Norwalk, CT
- Reef Shack – 257 Reef Rd, Fairfield, CT
- The Produce Market – 1011 Hope St, Stamford, CT
- Double L Market – 730 Post Rd E, Westport, CT
- Mystic Market – 730 Post Rd E, Westport, CT
- The Market at Pound Ridge Square - 55 Westchester Ave, Pound Ridge, NY
- The Market at Union Hall - 2 Keeler Ln, North Salem, NY
- Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard - 130 Hardscrabble Rd, North Salem, NY
- Katonah Pasta - 28 Valley Rd, Katonah, NY
Edward would like to nominate Realm to be featured next - "Hands down the best in the industry!"
HamletHub thanks Fairfield County Bank for making our Why Small Businesses Matter series possible!