Food! Fun!! Fireworks!!! Saturday, September 9, 2023. Please bring your lawn chairs and blankets and get set for a terrific evening of fun and celebration for all ages. Free admission.
- Food court, music, vendors, historical photos exhibit from 4:00 to 9:00pm
- Southbury Police, Fire and Ambulance personnel and equipment will be on-site providing public safety information
- “Stump the Historian Challenge” - bring your questions to the Southbury Town Historian, John Dwyer
- The Southbury Fire Dept. will have their restored 1936 REO Engine 2 available to “shoot the fire hose” from 5:00 to 6:00 pm
- Throughout the evening appearances by strolling magicians, juggler, still walker and reenactors
- FIREWORKS approximately at 8:15pm
Food Court Vendors
Food offerings are subject to change.
|Boy Scout Troop 1607||Burgers, Mozzarella Sticks, Bottled Water|
|Brian’s Fabulous Fried Dough||Fried Dough (sweet and savory), Fries, Chicken Tenders, Fruit Slush|
|Cubscout Pack 162||Snacks|
|GV Bites Food Truck||Empanadas, Chili, Chicken Fingers, Beans, Rice, Hot Dogs, Fries, Mac & Cheese, Mozzarella Sticks|
|Home and School Association of the Southbury Training School||Snacks, Drinks|
|Italian Ices of CT||Freshly Scooped Italian Ice|
|Kona Ice||Shaved Ice, Bottled Soft Drinks|
|Lucky Dog World's Famous Hot Dogs||Hot Dogs, Chicken Sandwiches, French Fries|
|Polar Sweets||Pre-Packaged Ice Cream, Chips, Candy, Soda, Water|
|Rich’s Wings & Things||Chicken Wings, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Fries, Nachos|
|Soulfully Vegan||Vegan Burgers, Hot Dogs, Fries|
|Southbury Democratic Town Committee||Pre-packaged Snacks and Drinks|
|Southbury Republican Town Committee||Popcorn, Water, Soda|
|Southbury Women’s Club||Cotton Candy, Bottled Water|
Live on Stage
Times are approximate.
- 4:30pm: Kids dance and fun activities
- 5:00pm: Modal Express, performing covers of well known R&B songs, as well as jazz-tinged classics from artists such as Steely Dan; the band features Southbury drummer, John Muzzio
- 5:20pm: Kyler Kumi, a senior at Pomperaug High School who enjoys singing with his ukulele
- 5:30pm: Michael Carrington, a Southbury resident has been writing and performing music for most of his life, strumming away in various coffee shops, pubs, festivals, and the occasional street corner; for this special occasion, he has written a Southbury 350th Tribute song
- 5:50pm: Katherine Mambo, an accomplished violinist and a Pomperaug High School Senior
- 6:00pm: Good Medicine Rx, a Southbury acoustic duo, Michel Driscoll and Jeff Duggan, who have performed all over South Western CT, as well as LA, Chicago and Ireland, specializing in songs from the 50s, 60s and 70s, as well as some originals
- 6:25pm: Faith Vincinanza, Southbury’s Poet Laureate will recite a special poem commemorating Southbury's 350th Anniversary
- 6:30pm: Rave On, inspired by some of the most influential music ever written, Rave On was formed to keep the music of the 50's & 60's alive for all to hear; Rave On will take you back in time to when Rock & Roll was just emerging, and the juke box and dance floor was all that was needed for a good time
- 8:00pm: National Anthem, performed by members of COSMIC (Communities of Southbury/Middlebury Inter-generational Chorus)
Please see the map for parking information.
- Extensive free parking is on the Southbury Training School (STS) Great Front Lawn. Parking entrance is off Nutmeg Avenue, accessed via the main STS entrance.
- Limited handicap parking is available at the Lake Stibbs parking lot.
- Drop-off and pick-up area is behind the Gatehouse cottage at the main STS entrance.
No alcohol and no pets are permitted at the event. Caution should be exercised with service animals due to the large crowds and fireworks noises. Extensive free parking is on the STS Great Front Lawn. Due to congested event traffic and safety concerns, there will be no pedestrian walking, no vehicle parking and no parent “drop off/pick up” along Route 172. Handicap and Special Needs parking is available at the Lake Stibbs parking lot.