October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Did you know?
1. One in four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. Males are also domestic violence victims.
2. 60% of teens are in abusive relationships: 25% of that abuse is physical.
3. Connecticut averages 12 to 16 intimate partner homicides each year.
Please support the Women's Center and our work to end the violence by participating in one of the many events taking place this month inlcuding:
- Salsa Intensive on October 4
- SafeWalk on October 5
- 5th Annual Cut-a-Thon on October 26.