Rules for May 20 Reopen
As we start opening select businesses on May 20th, we will open at our strictest controls on business operations and societal interaction. This will include, among other measures:
- Capacity limit of 50% for businesses that reopen.
- Strict cleaning and disinfection protocols in all settings.
- Those who can work from home should continue to do so
- Those in high-risk groups (comorbidities) and over the age of 65 should continue to stay safe and stay home.
- Facemasks should continue to be worn in public at all times.
- Social gatherings will be restricted to a maximum of 5 people.
Download Guidelines by Sector
- Hair Salons & Barbershops
- Museums and Zoos (Outdoor Only)
- Restaurants (Outdoor Only)
- Retail & Malls (updated 5/16)
Complete the self-certification on the DECD website to receive a Reopen CT badge. Once complete, businesses can choose to post the badge on-site and on social media to advertise adherence to CT rules and build customer confidence.
Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development has a vast amount of information regarding the May 20th reopen. The most popular sites are:
- Sector Rules and Certification for May 20th Reopen
- Safe Workplace Rules for Essential Employers
- CARES Act - Federal Stimulus for Small Business
- Coronavirus Business Recovery
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program
- Essential Safe Stores Rules
- Essential Businesses - Executive Order 7H
- Opportunity Zones
- Why Choose Connecticut?
- CT Business Registration Requirements
- Small Business Assistance
- Arts Funding Opportunities
- State Museums
- Marketing Collateral and Stats Library
- See the Latest News and Press
For more Southbury news, updates and links regarding COVID-19 go to www.southbury-ct.org/coronavirus.