Southbury Parks and Recreation is proud to announce Holiday House Lights Contest.
Families and local businesses are invited to decorate their house or business to spread holiday cheer for all to see. Once your house or business is decorated, please fill out our entry form at southbury-ct.org/holidaylights. Photos are not needed, only the entry forms. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, December 9, 2021.
Contest categories include:
- Merry & Bright (best use of lights)
- The North Pole (best north pole design)
- Classical Christmas (most traditional decor)
- Misfit Toys (best use of inflatables)
- Santa’s Workshop (best use of physical or illusion movement)
- Winter Wonderland (best winter themed decor)
- Festival of Lights (best Chanukah themed decor)
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree (best use of music and technology award).
Judging will take place Monday, December 13 between 5:00-9:00pm and Tuesday, December 14 between 5:00-9:00pm. All participants must keep their lights on for both days between those hours in order to qualify for entry (if your house lights are not on, your house will not be judged). Our judges will be driving to houses and local businesses during one of the listed days. Please keep in mind photos of houses and local businesses will be taken to post on social media, flyers and brochures for Southbury Parks and Recreation marketing purposes. The winners of the contest will be announced by Friday, December 19. Winners of the contest along with their address will be posted to the Town of Southbury’s Facebook Page and website, for all community members to enjoy.
Eligibility for this contest is limited to Southbury residents and Southbury businesses.