The Town of Southbury is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Finance & Human Resources Assistant.
The Town of Southbury is hiring a part-time Finance & Human Resources Assistant. The position is 20 hours/week and offers paid time off. Salary range is $22.00-$26.00/hour. The position provides administrative support to the Fiscal Office, assisting with finance and human resources functions including recruitment and onboarding, employee benefits, accounts payable, workers compensation and accounts receivable.
- Performs accounts payable duties ensuring timely entry and payment of invoices
- Assists Human Resources during the recruitment and hiring process
- Makes bank deposits and enters receivables in accounting system
- Maintains and updates job descriptions
- Prepares for and assists with internal and external audits
- Ensures timely responses to questions from applicants and new hires
- Schedules interviews for open positions
- Ensures receipt and review of all job applications
- Assists in administering and updating employee benefits
- Maintains office files including personnel files
- Schedules meetings and answers and directs calls appropriately
- Updates payroll system with changes to employee information
- Assists with filing of workers compensation claims and preparation of necessary documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Excellent computer technology skills and knowledge of accounting software, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to develop effective relationships with staff, supervisors and the public and possess well-developed interpersonal skills
- Associate degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field and at least one year of related experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is December 9, 2022.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.
Details are available on the Town of Southbury web page.