- Operates power and hand tools such as blower, edger, chainsaw, tractor and snow blower
- Rakes, power blows and vacuums and removes leaves and ground debris
- Waters lawns and shrubs using a hose and sprinkler systems
- Moves supplies and equipment, sets up tables, chairs and tents for special events
- Repairs fences, gates, backstops, walls and walkways using carpentry and masonry tools
- Prepares athletic fields for competition by measuring and painting lines and grooming infields
- Makes minor repairs to equipment such as lawn mowers and tractors using hand and power tools
- Observes and inspects turf, flowering plants, shrubs and trees for signs of disease or other issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of groundskeeping and turf maintenance practices and procedures
- Knowledge of basic horticulture and the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in gardening work
- Knowledge of the safety requirements of equipment and machines used for grounds maintenance and repair
- Considerable knowledge of the use and care of motorized equipment and hand/power tools used in grounds maintenance work
- Ability to make minor repairs to mowers, snowblowers, weedwhackers and other grounds maintenance tools
- Ability to read and understand instruction and repair manuals
- Ability to perform overtime work related to winter storms and weekend and holiday work related to special events
- Graduation from high school with a diploma or GED
- Three or more years of related experience
- Possession of a valid Connecticut Commercial Driver’s License
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is June 28, 2023.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer.
For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.