WINTER OPEN SWIM
Family and Adult/Lap Swimming will be held on Saturdays and Sundays at the Pomperaug High School Pool beginning January 15, 2022 and continuing until April 3, 2022. Hours will be from 1:30PM to 3:30PM.
Click here to purchase pool passes:
Saturdays and Sundays, 1/15/2022 – 4/3/2022.PHS Pool. 1:30 – 3:30 PM.
Passes are available for family, individual and senior members of the Region 15 community.
WINTER SWIM LESSON: 8-10 YEAR OLDS
Swimmers, ages 8 - 10 years old, who are able to swim independently but need work on strokes and technique will continue to build confidence and endurance in the water. Emphasis will be on basic skills and stroke mechanics in freestyle and backstroke. Starts will be introduced. Swimmers will increase their endurance and the distance they swim during lessons while working on their strokes. There will be instructors in the water and on deck. This is not a learn-to-swim lesson.
Saturdays, 1/15/2022 – 3/26/2022. PHS Pool. 12:00 – 12:30 PM.
WINTER SWIM LESSON: 11-13 YEAR OLDS
Swimmers, age 11-13, who are able to swim independently but are not yet ready for a competitive swim team experience will continue to build confidence and endurance in the water. Emphasis will be on stroke technique in freestyle and backstroke, while continuing to work on basic skills, such as streamline. Starts and turns will be introduced. Swimmers will increase the distance they swim during lessons while they are coached by instructors on the deck. Where necessary, instructors will provide in-water demonstration.
Saturdays, 1/15/2022 – 3/26/2022. PHS Pool. 12:45 – 1:30 PM.
AMERICAN RED CROSS: LIFEGUARD RECERTIFICATION COURSE
An abbreviated Lifeguarding course that reviews course information and allows practice of skills and knowledge before testing. Current certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/ CPR/ AED is required to participate in the review course. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for 2 years.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to download their certificate from the American Red Cross website.
Thursday and Saturday – 1/6/2022 and 1/8/2022.
1/6/2022: Classroom Portion, PHS Health Room, 4:00-9:00PM
1/8/2022: In-water Portion, PHS Pool, 11:30-4:30PM
OTHER P&R ACTIVITIES
CODE WIZ ONLINE PROGRAMS:
- Drag n Drop Coding, Ages 7-8: 1/4/2022 – 2/12/2022
- Roblox Game Development, Ages 7-9: 1/4/2022 – 2/12/2022
- Minecraft World Builder, Ages 7-12: 1/4/2022 – 2/12/2022
- Visual/Game Based Python, Ages 8-12: 1/4/2022 – 2/12/2022
- Minecraft Coding, Ages 8-12: 1/4/2022 – 2/12/2022
- Intro/Advanced Python, Ages 10-17: 1/4/2022 – 2/12/2022
- Roblox Game Development, Ages 10-17: 1/4/2022 – 2/12/2022
- Game Development With Unity, Ages 10-17: 1/4/2022 – 2/12/2022
OTHER YOUTH PROGRAMS:
- Ballet Pre K Ballet 4 yr old: 1/11/2022 – 2/15/2022
- Ballet Pre K Ballet 4 yr old: 1/15/2022 – 2/19/2022
- Ballet Kindergarten 5 yr old: 1/10/2022 – 2/14/2022
- Cooking – Creative Winter Cooking Fun: 1/13/2022 – 2/10/2022
- Little Swishers – Session A: 1/8/2022 – 2/12/2022
- Math SAT Test Prep: 1/31/2022 – 2/28/2022
- Rochambeau Middle School Ski Club - Registration Ends 12/7/21: 1/11/2022 – 2/1/2022
- Taekwon-Do Advanced: 1/3/2022 – 3/23/2022
- Taekwon-Do Beginner: 1/3/2022 – 3/23/2022