The Town of Southbury is currently accepting applications for the position of Certified Police Officer.
The Town of Southbury is now accepting applications for Certified Police Officer. The Police Officer position involves responsibility for protection of life and property, the prevention, detection, and investigation of crimes and ordinances and maintaining law and order. Police Officers must use logic, common sense, and their own judgment while acting with and without supervision in emergency situations.
The Town of Southbury offers a comprehensive benefit package including: defined pension after 20 years & age 50, paid sick time, paid holidays, paid vacation, personal time, life and long-term disability insurance and a 4/2 schedule.
Starting salary range is $65,000.00 – $75,457.90 depending on experience. Patrol top step (2022) $87,352.08, (2023) $89,972.64, (2024) $92,671.82.
- POSTC Certification or equivalent
- 21 Years of age at the time of appointment
- High School or General Educational Development Diploma (minimum)
- Possess a valid Connecticut Driver's License
- No Felony Convictions
- No DWI Convictions
- No Class A or Class B Misdemeanor Convictions
- No arrests/convictions of domestic violence
- No acts of perjury or false statements
- Written Examination
- Oral Panel Examination
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Examination
- Physical Examination
- Drug Screening
- Psychological Examination
Deadline to Apply:
February 10, 2023
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.
Details are available on the Town of Southbury webpage.