Exciting News from the Mayor's Office
- The City of Stamford secures $2 million from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s RAISE Grant for the West Side. Read more here.
- The Stamford Public School’s CEP (Community Eligibility Provision) has been approved by the state. That’s great news for you and your children, as it allows Stamford Public Schools to provide free healthy breakfast and lunch at school to all students during the 2022-23 school year!
- Parents do not have to pay anything or fill out any forms, nor do parents need to send children to school early for breakfast. Breakfast will be part of the school day. Parents do not have to do anything
- Mayor Simmons and the City of Stamford welcomes seven new businesses: Whole Foods, Puerto Vallarta, Panera, New York Comedy Club, Saks Off 5th, Starbucks, Todd English, and Stifel. Click here for more information on Stifel and other businesses.
- The City of Stamford secured a $2 million dredging grant for Stamford marinas from the Port Authority.
- Stamford conducted a $40 million bond sale and is the only city in Connecticut with over 100,000 residents to receive a AAA credit rating.
- Stamford Restaurant Week continues through this this upcoming weekend (August 28th). For more information, click here
Read the complete version of Stamford's "The Works" HERE.