Every Friday, read here for updates from Mayor Simmons, upcoming events, important city and state information, and resources for Stamford residents.
- Veterans Resource Center Opening: On Wednesday, I was proud to open the Stamford Veterans Resource Center. This center will allow veterans to have better access to government resources and programs and allow them the opportunity to interact with fellow veterans and community partners in Stamford. Read more here.
- $1 Million in Federal Funding for Bioswales: I joined Congressman Jim Himes this week to announce the $1 million in federal funding Stamford received to build 20 new bioswales across the City. This funding will help reduce flooding and stormwater runoff, and improve water quality and neighborhood aesthetics. Click here to read more.
- $5.25 Million in Federal Funding for City Projects: I joined Senator Chris Murphy, Senator Richard Blumenthal, and Congressman Jim Himes to highlight the over $5 million in federal funding Stamford is receiving to build a new library branch on the East Side, street light improvements, and a new regional police academy at the Stamford Police Department.
- Phase 1 of Dredging at Cove Island Park Marina Completed: Using state funding, our Department of Operations has finished this first phase of dredging which will remove debris from the bottom of the water and helps protect the environment and support boating activity. The second phase is estimated to be completed by the end of 2024.
- Taking Action for Increased Pedestrian Safety: We have committed our city to the Vision Zero Initiative. To follow updates on the Vision Zero Initiative, click here. This month, I testified in support of statewide Vision Zero pedestrian safety initiatives to make Stamford streets safer for residents. Read more here.