Registration Now Open for Penguin Plunges to Benefit Special Olympics Connecticut
Following are Penguin Plunge dates, times and locations for 2015:
- Farmington: Sunday, January 25, at Winding Trails. Registration 8 a.m.; Plunge 10 a.m.
- Winsted: Saturday, February 7, at Highland Lake. Registration 10 a.m.; Plunge 12 p.m.
- Madison: Saturday, February 7, at Hammonasset State Park. Registration 10 a.m.; Plunge 12 p.m.
- New London: Sunday, February 8, at Ocean Beach Park. Registration 10 a.m.; Plunge 12 p.m.
- Middletown: Saturday, February 21, at Crystal Lake. Registration 10 a.m.; Plunge 12 p.m.
- Westport: Saturday, March 14, at Compo Beach. Registration 11 a.m.; Plunge 1 p.m.
Penguin Plunges provide a fun and festive atmosphere and also feature music, refreshments, awards and parades of plungers in costume to enjoy. To join in the fun, Penguins must be at least 8 years old and need to raise a minimum of $100. In addition to the awards for top fundraisers and best costume, Penguins receive incentive prizes for their fundraising efforts.
About Special Olympics Connecticut
Special Olympics Connecticut provides year-round sports training and competitions for over 14,000 athletes of all ages with intellectual disabilities and Unified Sports® partners - their teammates without disabilities.
Through the joy of sport, the Special Olympics movement transforms lives and communities throughout the state and in 170 countries around the world by promoting good health and fitness and inspiring inclusion and respect for all people, on and off the playing field. (www.soct.org)
Partner Sponsors: Adams Hometown Markets/IGA Hometown Supermarkets, Connecticut Light & Power/Yankee Gas/Western Massachusetts Electric (Northeast Utilities Companies), The Hubbell Foundation, Law Enforcement Torch Run, NBC Connecticut, TD Bank, United Technologies and WWE.
Year-Round Suppliers: Adams Hometown Markets/IGA Hometown Supermarkets, Campus Customs/Cymplify, The Coca-Cola Bottling Company of New England, Crystal Rock Water and Coffee Company, Dunkin’ Donuts, Graebel Connecticut, Guida’s Milk and Ice Cream, Lamar Outdoor Advertising, Marcus Communications, State of Connecticut Judicial Branch Community Service and WORX.