Mayor David Martin ordered — under revised State guidelines — the City of Stamford is returning to Phase 2 of Reopening in response to the increase of COVID-19 cases in the region, across the State, and in Stamford.
Mayor David Martin sent a reverse 911 call/text to subscribers of CT Alerts on Wednesday, October 28 about a potential second wave: “In the last 7 days Stamford has had 188 new cases of coronavirus, as reported on the state’s publicly available web site. This is a lot of new cases and we will have even more if we stop taking this seriously.”
Click here to read the entire message.
- Today — October 29 — Stamford has 4,085 confirmed cases and 141 probable cases. Last week — October 22 — Stamford had 3,887 confirmed cases and 82 probable cases.
- Residents can read daily updates on new cases in Stamford by visiting the State of Connecticut’s dedicated website for COVID-19 updates located here: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Data-Tracker.
- Daily updates are also provided on Channel 79 for Optimum subscribers.
- All information about Stamford’s response to COVID-19 can be found on our website at www.stamfordct.gov/covid19.
- All information about Reopening Guidelines can be found on our website at www.stamfordct.gov/reopenstamford.
- Residents interested in volunteer efforts to assist with the COVID-19 public health emergency can visit Stamford Together for more information at https://www.stamfordct.gov/stamfordtogether.
- Residents can click the following links to read data on reported cases in Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities.
Stamford testing sites:
- Stamford Hospital on Bennett Medical Center Campus. Operated by Stamford Health. Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment by calling 203.276.4111.
- Murphy Medical Associates. 30 Buxton Farms Road. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 203.658.6051 or go online to schedule an appointment.
- DOCS Urgent Care. 2001 West Main Street. Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 203.298.4600.
- AFC Urgent Care. 3000 Summer Street. Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 203.969.2000.
- Community Health Center. 22 Fifth Street. Open every day, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment, call 203.323.8160.
- CVS Health. 1928 W Main Street, 229 Hope Street and 969 High Ridge Road. Drive-thru testing. Schedule an appointment online.
- More information on testing in Stamford available here.