Governor Ned Lamont today announced that he has signed a proclamation declaring Thursday, December 10, 2020 as Get Covered 2021 Connecticut Day in the State of Connecticut in an effort to drive health coverage enrollment. Connecticut residents can enroll or renew their health insurance plans with the state’s marketplace Access Health CT until December 15, 2020, for coverage starting on January 1, 2021.
Access Health CT joined Get Covered 2021 — a coalition of states including California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington, and other national organizations that have come together to promote the 2021 open enrollment period in healthcare coverage. Nationally, December 10 is Get Covered America Day – a collaborative initiative to help raise awareness and action for residents to obtain health insurance, to bring attention to wearing a mask and to spread the message across social media platforms using the social media hashtags #GetCoveredCT and #GetCovered2021.
“As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, it’s critical that Connecticut residents make their health and the health of their families a top priority this year,” Governor Lamont said. “We are proud to support Get Covered 2021 Connecticut Day by spreading the message about the importance of getting yourself covered with health insurance. I strongly urge those in our state who do not have health coverage to look into Access Health CT’s affordable options before the December 15 open enrollment deadline hits.”
To enroll or find more information about Access Health CT, Connecticut residents can connect in a number of ways, including:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- With Certified Brokers or Enrollment Specialists in your community
- At a time that works for you at a virtual enrollment fair
- In-Person at an enrollment location in Groton, Bridgeport, New Haven, New Britain, Stamford, or Hartford by appointment only. For more information, click here.