Finding Your Voice as a Parent Webinar: Anxiety
In Conversation with Dr. Robert Kruger, Board Certified Clinical Psychologist (Westport, CT)
Date: Wednesday, October 21st, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Moderated by: Attorney Lawrence Berliner, Connecticut Special Education Law (Westport and Guilford, CT)
Jane Faherty, Director of Jumpstart, Stamford JCC and Educational Advocate
Zoom Registration: https://bit.ly/3j2Gcs8
Co-hosted with the Stamford JCC (Stamford, CT)
Helping Parents and Students Cope and Manage Anxiety and Stress
• Tailoring parent management to your child's age - What works and what doesn't
• Most effective ways to learn different skills with special needs students
• Disengagement - How parents can help children remain engaged in learning and avoid "dropping out"
• Retention of Information
• Conducting Evaluations in the time of the COVID crisis
• The psychology of wearing a mask in school
• Coping with the uncertainty and volatility of school openings/closings
Q & A
Please visit www.stamfordjcc.org for more information.