"Finding Your Voice as a Parent: Special Education Law & Advocacy"
Webinar on Monday, October 25th 7:00 p.m. co-hosted with the Stamford JCC (Stamford, CT)
Register on Zoom here.
Attorney Lawrence Berliner, Connecticut Special Education Law
Jane Faherty, Stamford JCC JumpStart Director and Special Education Advocate
Allie Grafman, Educational Consultant and Special Education Advocate
A Parent Forum to Discuss:
Taking ownership of your child’s educational journey
• Continuing the transition to back to school and beyond
• Parent observations, input and concerns in assessing their child’s progress
• Preparing for the PPT meeting
• Comprehensive evaluations and the IEE, review of progress and accountability
• School recovery and compensatory services
• Starting the framework for collaboration and communication with your child’s school
• Turning Point: Next Steps – What to do if your child is struggling and the school is not responding to your child’s needs