Finding Your Voice as a Parent: Setting the Stage for Understanding Dyslexia webinar on Wednesday, November 30th 7:00 p.m.
Co-hosted with the Stamford JCC (Stamford, CT)
Register on Zoom: https://bit.ly/3D5ih7L
Lawrence Berliner, Connecticut Special Education Law Attorney (Westport, CT)
Jane Faherty, Stamford JCC JumpStart Director and Special Education Advocate (Stamford, CT)
Susanne Bailey-Rice, CIT/OGA, Owner, Shoreline Learning (Madison, CT)
A Starting Point of Conversation:
• Definition of Dyslexia… and what is decoding?
• Common characteristics that can indicate dyslexia
• Five Pillars of Reading
• Identifying a dyslexic learner: Comprehensive Evaluation
• How to help your child at home
• Types of reading instruction to assist the student