Co-hosted online with the Stamford JCC (Stamford, CT).
Lawrence Berliner, Connecticut Special Education Law Attorney
Jane Faherty, Stamford JCC JumpStart Program Executive Director & Special Education Advocate
Dr. Michael S. Cohen, PhD., ABPP, FAACP, Psychologist, Fairfield CT
Aubrey Schmalle, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist at Sensational Achievements (Stamford, CT).
The IEE Process: A Collaborative Effort
How to Initiate an IEE and more…If Your Child is Struggling in School
• Your child’s rights to request an IEE under the IDEA
• The differences between a school district evaluation and a private independent evaluation
• Learning why, where and when, to request an IEE
• The Trained Psychologist and Neuropsychologist … Conducting evaluations measuring skills, testing for weaknesses and evaluating mental health and psychiatric concerns which may impact a student’s educational performance
• The Occupational Therapist – Evaluates sensory processing, motor, visual motor, and handwriting skills impacting self-regulation and school participation