Stamford's 4th of July Celebration
In celebration of July 4th, the City of Stamford will hold fireworks at Cummings Beach on Friday, June 30th.
The entertainment will begin at 6:00 pm and residents will be able to bring blankets and chairs to the beach.
There will be food trucks on site, and the fireworks will begin shortly after 9:00 pm.
The rain date will be Friday, July 7th.
- No parking either side of Shippan Avenue from Wallace Street to the Magee Avenue intersection as of 3:00 p.m.
- No parking on the left side of Iroquois, Wampanaw & Rippowam Road as of 3:00 p.m.
- No parking on the south side of Myrtle Avenue from the intersection with Elm Street to #162 Myrtle as of 3:00 p.m.
- Boaters please be aware that from 3:00 PM onward directly off of Cummings Park’s beach, there will be a 1,000’ safety zone around the fireworks barge from Buoy #6 to 1,000’ from shore.
- Boaters please be aware that the West Beach boat ramp will be shut down at 6:30 p.m.
- At 8:00 p.m. the intersection of Shippan Avenue / Magee Avenue will be closed to southbound traffic and only resident access is available at that time. At 8:30 p.m. Magee Avenue will be closed to traffic.
- At 9:00 p.m. Shippan Avenue from Wallace Street north will become one way northbound only (2 lanes). Magee Avenue will be one way northbound only (2 lanes).
After the Show
- Traffic exiting Shippan Point will be directed north onto Magee Avenue and west onto Jefferson (Urban Transitway) for access to Canal Street, Atlantic Street, and Washington Boulevard toward I-95.
- Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Shippan Avenue will be directed north onto Shippan Avenue to access Elm Street, Myrtle Avenue, I-95, and East Main Street.
- Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Soundview Avenue will utilize Soundview Avenue or Willowbrook Avenue to Cove Road.
- Foot traffic at Cummings Park will be released first, followed by vehicles.