Mayor David Martin presented the State of the City to Stamford’s Board of Representatives on July 6. Residents can view the video archive of this meeting (presentation begins at 45:35). A PDF of the presentation is available here.
The City announced a program to incentivize residents to park in city garages and visit restaurants or businesses in Stamford’s downtown for the month of July.
Residents can park for FREE at the Bedford, Bell, or Summer parking garages for up to three hours a day when they use the promotional code “WearAMask” in the Parkmobile mobile application. Read the full release: here.
Stamford’s Board of Representatives approved Mayor Martin’s appointment of Sandra “Sandy” Dennies as Stamford’s Director of Administration. Dennies served as the Director of Administration under Mayor Dannel Malloy from 2007 to 2009. Dennies was appointed in March as Interim Director of Administration following the resignation of Michael Handler.
Today — July 9 — Stamford has 3,263 confirmed cases and 70 probable cases. Earlier this week — July 6 — Stamford had 3,247 confirmed cases and 70 probable cases.
Residents can read daily updates on new cases in Stamford by visiting the State of Connecticut’s dedicated website for COVID-19 updates located here: here Daily updates are also provided on Channel 79 for Optimum subscribers.
As of July 6, the State of Connecticut’s COVID-19 metric report will now be issued five times per week: Monday through Friday. Monday reports will contain data from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
All information about Stamford’s response to COVID-19 can be found on our website at www.stamfordct.gov/covid19.
All information about Reopening Guidelines can be found on our website at www.stamfordct.gov/reopenstamford.
Residents interested in volunteer efforts to assist with the COVID-19 public health emergency can visit Stamford Together for more information at https://www.stamfordct.gov/stamfordtogether.
Stamford testing sites
- Stamford Hospital on Bennett Medical Center Campus. Operated by Stamford Health. Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment by calling 203.276.4111.
- Murphy Medical Associates. 30 Buxton Farms Road. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 203.658.6051 or go online to schedule an appointment.
- DOCS Urgent Care. 2001 West Main Street. Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 203.298.4600.
- AFC Urgent Care. 3000 Summer Street. Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Open Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 203.969.2000.
- Optimus Health Care. 805 Atlantic Street. Open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment, call 203.327.5111.
- Community Health Center. 22 Fifth Street. Open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Schedule an appointment, call 203.323.8160.
- CVS Health. 1928 W Main Street and 229 Hope Street. Drive-thru testing. Schedule an appointment online.
- More information on testing in Stamford available here.
- The City will host a mask giveaway on Thursday, July 16 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rippowam Middle School, 381 High Ridge Road.
- A mask giveaway/testing event will be held on Saturday, July 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the United House of Prayer for All People, 202 Stillwater Avenue.
- State campgrounds are now open for reservations. Rules and regulations available here.
- Governor Ned Lamont delayed Phase 3 of Reopen Connecticut. No new date has been announced at this time.
- Phase 3 was orginally intended to begin July 20.
- Three new states were added to Connecticut’s travel advisory: Delaware, Kansas and Oklahoma.
- There are now a total of 19 states whose travelers will be advised to self-quarantine for 14 days when entering Connecticut, New York or New Jersey.
- Click here for the full list of states.
Services & Schools
- Below is the paving schedule for the City of Stamford from July 13 to August 14. Please note the paving schedule is tentative and may change based on weather conditions.
- Milling/Paving – Group 1 – 7/13 – 7/24
- Greyrock Place – Broad Street to North State Street
- Atlantic Street – Tresser Boulevard to North State Street
- Main Street – Greyrock Place to Grove Street
- Greenwich Avenue – Richmond Hill Avenue to 1st Overpass
- Top Gallant Road
- Intersection of Top Gallant Road / Dolphin Cove Quay
- Milling/Paving – Group 2 – 7/20 – 7/31
- Selleck – Southfield to Fairfield
- Orchard/Milton – Sunnyside Avenue to Greenwich Avenue
- Taft Avenue – entire road
- Homestead Avenue – entire road
- Milling/Paving – Group 3 – 7/22 – 8/7
- Cedar Heights Road – High Ridge Road to Wire Mill Road
- Wire Mill Road – High Ridge Road to Long Ridge Road
- Milling/Paving – Group 4 – 7/30 – 8/11
- Colonial Road
- Milling/Paving – Group 5 – 8/3 – 8/14
- Shippan Avenue
- Please see below the updated list of location for Stamford Public Schools’ Summer Food Service Program:
- Chester Addison Community Center, 245 Selleck St., 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Lathan Wider Community Center, 137 Henry St., 11:30 a.m. – 1:00p.m.
- Yerwood Center, 90 Fairfield Ave., 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Trailblazers (DOMUS), 83 Lockwood Ave., 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Building 1 Community, 75 Selleck St., 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Rogers International School, 102 Blachley Rd., 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Julia A. Stark School, 398 Glenbrook Rd., 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Stillmeadow School, 800 Stillmeadow Ave.,10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Hart School, 61 Adams Ave., 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Dolan Middle School, 51 Toms Rd., 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Cloonan Middle School, 11 West North St., 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Rippowam Middle School, 381 High Ridge Rd., 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Under the SFSP, nutritious meals are provided free of charge to children 18 years and under. All sites serve breakfast and lunch meals Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Meal service dates from 6/ 29/2020 to 8/28/2020.
Events & Meetings
- Municipal meetings:
- Stamford’s Board of Representatives next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Monday, August 3 at 8 p.m.
- Zoom meeting link here: https://zoom.us/j/98025277032.
- Link to agenda: http://boardofreps.org/Data/Sites/43/userfiles/agendas/2020/200706.pdf.
- Stamford’s Board of Finance next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Thursday, July 9 at 7 p.m.
- Zoom meeting link here: https://zoom.us/j/91951055617.
- Link to agenda: https://www.stamfordct.gov/board-of-finance/agenda/07092020-bof-regular-monthly-meeting-agenda.
- Stamford’s Board of Education next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Tuesday, July 28 at 7 p.m.
- Link to Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/93717209065.
- Link to agenda: https://www.stamfordpublicschools.org/district/board-education/agenda/regular-board-meeting-amended-agenda-4.