City of Stamford COVID-19 Updates
Today — September 24 — Stamford has 3,598 confirmed cases and 81 probable cases. Last week — September 17 — Stamford had 3,553 confirmed cases and 79 probable cases.
- Residents can read daily updates on new cases in Stamford by visiting the State of Connecticut’s dedicated website for COVID-19 updates located here: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Data-Tracker.
- Daily updates are also provided on Channel 79 for Optimum subscribers.
Stamford testing sites
- Stamford Hospital on Bennett Medical Center Campus. Operated by Stamford Health. Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment by calling 203.276.4111.
- Murphy Medical Associates. 30 Buxton Farms Road. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 203.658.6051 or go online to schedule an appointment.
- DOCS Urgent Care. 2001 West Main Street. Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 203.298.4600.
- AFC Urgent Care. 3000 Summer Street. Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Open Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 203.969.2000.
- Optimus Health Care. 805 Atlantic Street. Open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment, call 203.327.5111.
- Community Health Center. 22 Fifth Street. Open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Schedule an appointment, call 203.323.8160.
- CVS Health. 1928 W Main Street and 229 Hope Street. Drive-thru testing. Schedule an appointment online.
- More information on testing in Stamford available here.
- Stamford's Recreation Department has a list of events taking place in September through to early October.
- Residents can register for an event here.
- Health and safety guidelines MUST be followed by all attendees of events.
- Community Health Center, Inc. will host a pop-up testing event on Tuesday, September 22 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at 84 Camp Avenue.
- Call 475.241.0740 to register for testing.
- Governor Ned Lamont announced the state plans to begin Phase 3 of Reopening on October 8. Phase 3 would include:
- Increasing indoor capacity from 50% to 75% for restaurants, personal services, and libraries.,
- Outdoor event venues (amphitheaters, race tracks) increase from 25% to 50% capacity.
- Indoor performing arts venues able to open at 50% capacity.
- All reopening requires wearing masks and social distancing.
- Governor Ned Lamont, Lt. Governor Susan Bysiewicz, and Connecticut Agriculture Commissioner Bryan P. Hurlburt announced the launch of a new initiative to provide emergency food resources to Connecticut’s food pantries as the state continues to respond to the ongoing impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Food pantries in need of assistance can visit CTPantryResources.com, where they can connect to resources.
- The Connecticut Travel Advisory has been updated to include Arizona, Minnesota, Nevada, Rhode Island, and Wyoming. No states have been removed.
- Click here for the full list.
- Governor Ned Lamont announced the launch of the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS) multi-year IT modernization initiative that will improve the customer’s experience and deliver additional, user-friendly features such as mobile device-friendly design, secure web messaging, and advanced tax filing reminders.
Services & Schools
- The Connecticut Department of Transportation announced a utility project to install transmission towers resulting in the closure of the intersection of Washington Boulevard (Route 493) and Station Place in Stamford.
- Motorists should anticipate detours on Washington Boulevard.
- The Household Hazardous Waste collection event at Westport on October 3rd is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns. If you have immediate hazardous waste disposal needs call:
- Clean Harbors: 860.583.8917
- Care Environmental: 973.698.5004
- Updated information is available for the paving schedules:
- Bedford — from Forest Street to Hoyt Street — has been paved.
- North Street — from Bedford Street to Prospect Street — has been paved.
- Drainage work in progress on Shippan Avenue.
- Drainage work in progress on Old Long Ridge Road.
Events & Meetings
- Stamford’s Board of Representatives next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Monday, October 5 at 8 p.m.
- Stamford’s Board of Finance next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Thursday, October 8 at 7 p.m.
- Stamford’s Board of Education next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Tuesday, October 27 at 7 p.m.