Failure to fund the federal government will have serious consequences for American families and those who rely on essential federal programs. I shared my thoughts here.
Weekly Local Business Spotlight: Lock City Music
Each week I will highlight one of our incredible small businesses that received one of the 176 Stamford COVID-19 relief grants.
Lock City Music Group offers career and mentorship coaching for aspiring music industry artist and professionals from founder and Stamford native, Christine Elise. One-one-one voice, songwriting, production, and artist development packages are available with Elise who has worked with Sony Music Entertainment and Columbia Records. Please use the contact page of the website to inquire for more.
Community Non-Profit Spotlight: Strawberry Hill Neighborhood Association
Each week I will highlight an invaluable local initiative that received one of the 21 Mayor’s Micro-Grants.
- Mission: The mission of the Strawberry Hill Neighborhood Association is to bring together the neighbors and residents in the Strawberry Hill area of Stamford
- Project Funding Purpose: Funding was awarded to support planting trees along Strawberry Hill.
- Pickleball America: One of the key economic development priorities of my administration is business attraction, and we were thrilled to welcome Pickleball America to Stamford last week. Pickleball America will be the largest pickleball venue in the country and will add vibrancy to our downtown while serving as a destination for the region.
- Senior Housing Facilities Listening Tour: This month I began my listening tour of senior housing facilities in partnership with the Mayor’s Advisory Council on Aging. Last week I visited Maple View Towers, and it was great to hear from residents about the issues that matter and impact them the most.
- Stamford Joins City Park Alliance: I was thrilled to join the City Parks Alliance! My administration is committed to equitably investing in our City's parks and ensuring every resident has a quality park within a 10-minute walk from where they live.
- Diaper Drive: Join me, in partnership with Mothers for Others for our citywide Diaper Drive. For more information view image #2.
- The EyeRecycle Pop Up Event: The EyeRecycle Event will take place at Mill River Park on Friday, October 13th and 27th from 3 pm- 6 pm redeeming 5¢ deposit plastic bottles, cans, and glass bottles for cash.
- Family Day Fair: Join the City of Stamford Health Department for Family Day, tomorrow, Saturday, September 30th, from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Yerwood Center. There will be games, raffles, giveaways, and more.