City of Stamford COVID-19 Updates
Today — June 29 — Stamford has 3,206 confirmed cases and 70 probable cases. Last week — June 25 — Stamford had 3,194 confirmed cases and 71 probable cases.
Residents can read daily updates on new cases in Stamford by visiting the State of Connecticut’s dedicated website for COVID-19 updates located here: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Data-Tracker.
Daily updates are also provided on Channel 79 for Optimum subscribers.
All information about Stamford’s response to COVID-19 can be found on our website at www.stamfordct.gov/covid19.
All information about Reopening Guidelines can be found on our website at www.stamfordct.gov/reopenstamford.
Charge for plastic bags to resume on July 1
Connecticut’s 10-cent charge for plastic bags will resume on Wednesday, July 1.
- Connecticut’s Plastic Bag Ban was temporarily suspended on March 26 during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Assistance for renters, homeowners, landlords
Governor Lamont announced a comprehensive plan to put more than $33 million in state and federal resources to work providing emergency assistance to renters, homeowners, and residential landlords impacted by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Click here to read the elements of the plan.
Events & Meetings
- Stamford Downtown Special Services District is collaborating with Reckson to put together a 10-minute fireworks display off the top of the Landmark Building on Saturday, July 4th at 9 p.m.
- Rain date: Friday, July 3rd.
- Stamford’s Board of Representatives next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Monday, July 6 at 8 p.m.
- Zoom meeting link here: https://zoom.us/j/98025277032.
- Link to agenda: http://boardofreps.org/Data/Sites/43/userfiles/agendas/2020/200706.pdf.
- Stamford’s Board of Finance next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Thursday, July 9 at 7 p.m.
- Stamford’s Board of Education next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Tuesday, July 28 at 7 p.m.
- Link to Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/93717209065.
- Link to agenda: https://www.stamfordpublicschools.org/district/board-education/agenda/regular-board-meeting-amended-agenda-4.