City of Stamford: The Works
Mayor David Martin has declared a Snow Emergency in response to the National Weather Service’s Winter Storm Warning. The snow emergency began on Wednesday, February 17 at 11:59 p.m., and will continue to Friday, February 19 at 8 p.m.
Stamford Food Scrap Recycling Initiative
Mayor Martin will speak at the Stamford Food Scrap Recycling Initiative Virtual Event on Wednesday, February 24 at 7:30 pm. More details here.
Today — February 18 — Stamford has 12,553 confirmed cases. Last week —February 11 — Stamford had 12,298 confirmed cases. These numbers suggest Stamford has had 255 new cases in the past week, roughly 36 new cases per day on average. The City of Stamford has compiled a visualization of data up to February 16.
The State of Connecticut is currently in Phase 1b of its vaccination rollout. This phase includes:
- Healthcare personnel,
- Long-term care facility residents,
- Medical first responders,
- Individuals 65 and older,
- Residents and staff of select congregate settings.
See a complete list with details on the State of Connecticut’s website.
Need a COVID-19 Vaccine?
Vaccines are given by appointment only. The following is a list of vaccine providers located in Stamford.
- Stamford Health – One Hospital Plaza:
- Call Stamford Health’s assistance line at 203.276.7300.
- Community Health Center (“CHC”) – 22 Fifth Street
- Community Health Centers (“CHC”) – Lord & Taylor Parking Lot
- Drive-through COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Clinic. Enter at the northern entrance on Long Ridge Road. https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/OnlineVaccine
Check www.211ct.org for more locations:
Missed your vaccine appointment due to weather? Here's what you can do:
- Did you schedule at Stamford Health? Stamford Health has a policy of calling every resident who has their appointment canceled by weather. If you have not been called, please call their phone assist line at 203.276.7300.
- Did you schedule at a site other than Stamford Health? Please reschedule through the service you originally scheduled your appointment (such as VAMS, the state number, etc.).
- All information about Stamford’s response to COVID-19 can be found on our website at www.stamfordct.gov/covid19.
- All information about Reopening Guidelines can be found on our website at www.stamfordct.gov/reopenstamford.
- Residents interested in volunteer efforts to assist with the COVID-19 public health emergency can visit Stamford Together for more information at https://www.stamfordct.gov/stamfordtogether.
- Residents can click the following links to read data on reported cases in Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities.
Stamford COVID-19 testing sites:
Free testing sites, no insurance necessary:
- CIC Health. 845 Canal Street. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule an appointment online. Results generally within 24 – 30 hours.
- Sema4. Located in Stamford High School’s Hillandale Avenue parking lot every Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Monday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Community Health Center. Cove Island Park and Scalzi Park. Open every day, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Testing is first come, first serve.
- Family Centers. 60 Palmer’s Hill Road. Open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pre-register online or walk in with no appointment.
- Optimus Healthcare. 805 Atlantic Street. Open Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m.; 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Testing is first come, first serve.
- Other testing sites, generally covered by insurance (check with your provider):
- DOCS Urgent Care. 2001 West Main Street. Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Open Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 203.658.8291.
- Stamford Hospital. Operated by Stamford Health. Open Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment by calling 203.276.3300. Must have a doctor’s order faxed.
- Tully Health Center. Operated by Stamford Health. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule an appointment by calling 203.276.3300. Must have a doctor’s order faxed.
- AFC Urgent Care. 3000 Summer Street. Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Open Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Testing is first come, first serve.
- CVS Health. 1938 W Main Street, 229 Hope Street and 969 High Ridge Road. Drive-thru testing. Schedule an appointment online.
- Additional testing availability:
- Accessible Pharmacy offers in-home testing for blind, low vision, elderly, veteran, and disabled residents. Schedule an appointment online or call 215.799.9900.
- More information on testing in Stamford available here.
Garbage Pick Up Delayed
Friday garbage pickup will be delayed by one day due to the Winter Storm. Friday collections will take place on Saturday, February 20.
Residents are reminded the City’s Garbage and Recycling pickup does not include bulk pick-up. Residents are asked to report illegal dumping to Fix It Stamford or call 203.977.4444 if they see dumping taking place.
Residents can dispose of bulk waste at the Scale House (101 Harborview Avenue) or the Katrina Mygatt Recycling Center (130 Magee Avenue) up to 200 lbs per day FOR FREE.
- Governor Ned Lamont was administered with his first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at a clinic that was held at The First Cathedral church in Bloomfield under a partnership with Trinity Health of New England.
Services & Schools
- Stamford’s Christmas Tree Pickup is ongoing. Residents are asked to keep their Christmas Trees curbside for City crews to pick up.
- City crews performing Christmas Tree Pickup also perform snow removal. Christmas Tree Pickup has been delayed due to the Winter Storms.
Stamford Public Schools announced the Stamford Board of Education passed (6 to 3) the 2021-2022 Operating Budget in the amount of $303.6M at a special Board of Education meeting held Tuesday, February 16.
- This budget represents a 6.34 percent increase over the 2020-2021 budget and comprises 2,097.2 positions.
- The Board of Education also voted (9 to 0) to pass the 2021-2022 Grants Budget for $37.4M and 237.6 positions. The increase is driven by healthcare premiums, wages, and facilities expenses necessary to maintain school buildings.
- The district has restored certain positions and expenses cut from the 2020-2021 budget, including five school counselors, two deans of students, field trips, and professional development.
- Superintendent Dr. Tamu Lucero released her weekly message to the district on Thursday, February 11.
Events & Meetings
- As a part of Ferguson Library Black History Month program, there will be a documentary screen and panel discussion of Black Men in White Coats.
- Screening dates are Friday, February 19, Saturday, February 20 and Sunday, February 21.
- The panel discussion will take place on Tuesday, February 23 at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom.
- Registration is required. Register here for the screening and here for the panel discussion.
- For more Black History Month events for adults, children and families, click here.
Food Scrap Recycling
The City of Stamford will host a virtual Food Scrap Recycling Initiative over Zoom on Wednesday, February 24 at 7:30 pm. More details here.
Stamford Downtown and Stamford Tables present 2021 Winter Restaurant Weeks, going on now and continuing through Sunday, February 28.
Participating restaurants, menus and details can be found here.
The Ferguson Library will host Rick Slager, Founder and CEO of Acacia Living, in an online event on Zoom called Civility in America: The Wisdom of Civility on Wednesday, February 24 at 6 p.m. Registration is required.
Click here to register.
The City of Stamford will host a COVID-19 Update Livestream on Tuesday, February 23 at 6 p.m.
- More details will be available here.
- Stamford’s COVID-19 Situation Update Livestream is hosted every Tuesday at 6 p.m. Residents can visit this link to see the livestream or archives of previous livestreams. The livestream is also accessible on the City of Stamford’s Facebook page.
- Board of Assessment appeal hearings for the 2020 Grand List and the 2019 Motor Vehicle Supplemental List will be conducted remotely in March 2021.
- Applications will be accepted if filed and received by the Assessor’s office by February 19 at 4:30 p.m.
- All supporting documents must be submitted to the Assessor’s office by February 26 at 4:30 p.m.
- Click here for more information.
- Stamford’s Board of Representatives next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Monday, March 1 at 8 p.m.
- Stamford’s Board of Finance next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Thursday, February 11 at 7 p.m.
- Stamford’s Board of Education next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Tuesday, February 25 at 7 p.m.