On November 3rd, Pajama Program will be hosting its 9th Annual “Stuff a Bus” event where Westchester schools and organizations bring smiles and comfort to children in need. From November 3-10, Pajama Program’s decorated school bus, donated by County Coach, will make a number of stops around Westchester County to collect new pajamas and books to fill the inside of the bus.
This campaign has been a hugely successful local event that has demonstrated the generosity of spirit and caring of children and adults alike. The enthusiasm is contagious – as the donated school bus stops by designated stops, beaming children pour out of their schools — many dressed in pajamas — with armloads of new PJs and books to “stuff” the bus for children in need, and this repeats itself over and over during the week-long campaign in front of local schools and businesses.
Through the gifts of new pajamas and new books, Pajama Program provides a comforting and nurturing bedtime to underserved children nationwide. A Pajama Program child may live in a group home, a shelter or temporary housing facilities. The children Pajama Program serves have been shuffled from one place to another. Many of them have been abandoned, abused or neglected.
Please see below for a schedule of this year’s participating Stuff a Bus schools and organizations.
Thursday, November 3rd
- 9:30am-10:00am – Springhurst School (175 Walgrove Avenue, Dobbs Ferry)
- 10:20am-10:50am – Dobbs Ferry Middle School (505 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry)
- 11:30am-12:00pm – Heathcote School (26 Palmer Road, Scarsdale)
Friday, November 4th
- 10:00am-10:30am – Dodson School (105 Avondale Road, Yonkers)
- 11:00am-11:30am – Colonial School (315 Highbrook Avenue, Pelham)
- 11:45am-12:00pm – Pelham Middle School (28 Franklin Place, Pelham)
- 1:00pm-1:30pm – Hutchinson School (301 Third Avenue, Pelham)
- Todd School (No bus pickup, but will be raising donations)
Monday, November 7th
- 9:30am-10:00am – Temple Beth-El Nursery (220 S. Bedford Road, Chappaqua)
- 10:45am-11:15am – Carrie Tompkins (8 Gerstein Street, Croton on Hudson)
- 12:15pm-12:45pm – Yonkers Montessori (160 Woodlawn Avenue, Yonkers)
Tuesday, November 8th
- TBD – Ritz Carlton – (White Plains)
- 11:30am-12:00pm – Yonkers Chamber of Commerce (55 Main Street, Yonkers)
- 12:30pm – Westchester Bank (2001 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers)
Wednesday, November 9th
- 9:30am-10:00am – Bedford Road School (289 Bedford Road, Pleasantville)
- 10:30am-11:00am – Columbus School (580 Columbus Avenue, Thornwood)
- 11:20am-11:50am – Hawthorne School (225 Memorial Drive, Thornwood)
Thursday, November 10th
- 9:30am-10:45am – Pep Rally at William E. Cottle School (2 Siwanoy Boulevard, Eastchester)
- 11:15am-12:00pm – Scarsdale Middle School (134 Mamaroneck Avenue, Scarsdale)
- 1:00pm-1:30pm – Prospect Hill (1000 Washington Avenue, Pelham)
Additionally, a Pep Rally will be held at the William E. Cottle School (2 Siwanoy Boulevard, Eastchester, NY 10709) on Thursday, November 10th at 9:30am to announce the week’s total donations. Members of Pajama Program, including Pajama Program’s President & Founder, Genevieve Piturro will attend and address the audience as keynote speakers.
Sponsors for “Stuff a Bus” 2016 include: Carter’s, Scholastic, County Coach Corporation, Mt. Carmel Pharmacy, Westchester Bank, Bob’s Discount Furniture, Shydlo Communications, Entergy, Target, Modell’s and WVOX 1460AM.
For the first time, we’re excited to announce Bob’s Discount Furniture in nearby Connecticut will be participating in Stuff a Bus with a donation pick up at their Stamford, Connecticut store (479 Hope Street) on Saturday, November 5th from 12pm-3pm.