Hyatt Hotels Corporation and LodgeWorks Partners, L.P. today announce the opening of Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers, the first Hyatt Place hotel in Westchester County and a refreshing new choice for business and leisure travelers alike.
“Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers is located in a very desirable area, and we’re looking forward to creating a positive travel experience for each and every guest that walks through our doors,” said General Manager Jason Bomba. “Hyatt Place was designed for a lifestyle, not a demographic, and as a result, we are confident that everyone from business travelers to families will appreciate the open, intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings.”
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers is located in the center of the thriving Cross County Shopping Center, a landmark destination in lower Westchester County. Conveniently located at the junction of the New York State Thruway and Cross County Parkway, Cross County is minutes away from local attractions including Empire City Casino, Playland Amusement Park, The Bronx Zoo, and The NY Botanical Gardens. Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers is near Sarah Lawrence College and Fordham University, and centrally located to all New York-Presbyterian Hospitals and Montefiore Hospitals in the Bronx and Westchester Counties. A short drive will take guests to Yankee Stadium or to any number of world-class golf courses, and the Metro North Railroad, less than one mile from the center, will deliver guests to Grand Central Station and Manhattan in under 30 minutes.
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers offers:
- 155 spacious guestrooms, all of which feature a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet TM breakfast for guests, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- 990 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
“We are excited to bring an experienced, knowledgeable and service-focused team to the growing Hyatt Place brand in this wonderful region of New York,” Blaze Brigman, Vice President of Operations at LodgeWorks, L.P.
“We are so pleased to welcome Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers to Cross County Shopping Center and showcase this incredible brand to our shoppers and the community,” said Claude Chandonnet, president and CEO at Marx Realty and executive vice president for Brooks Shopping Centers, LLC; the property’s owner. “The hotel will offer a new, dynamic amenity at the shopping center where already so many residents find every-day conveniences such as dining, banking and entertainment, in addition to retail shopping,” added Jim Stifel, CIO at Benenson Capital and executive vice president for Brooks Shopping Centers, LLC