Westport Human Services Director Elaine Daignault announced today CLUB203's second season of monthly social activities for adults (18+) with disabilities starting September 20, 2023. For membership and pre-registration information, visit www.club203.org.
2023-2024 CLUB203 SCHEDULE
- September 20, 2023 – Toquet Hall: Reconnect, Renew & Karaoke too
- October 12, 2023 - Westport Center for Senior Activities: Halloween theme Bingo & Barbeque
- November 15, 2023 – Earthplace: Get Your Turkey On
- December 4, 2023 – MoCA: Let's Get Fancy Holiday Bash
- January 13, 2024 – Westport Y: Splash and Celebrate 2024
- February 6, 2024– Westport Playhouse: Valentine's Celebration
- March 13, 2024 – VFW: Celebrate the Luck of the Irish
- April 25, 2024 – Westport Library: Let's Make Some Noise
- May (TBD) – Spare-Split-Strike A Bowling Event
- June 5, 2024 – Compo Beach: Bash
According to Daignault, CLUB203's first season was a resounding success, with over a hundred local adults (18+) with disabilities gathering at favorite locations around Westport. She said, "I am thrilled to make this announcement for CLUB 203’s second season. Our local non-profits have graciously opened their doors and hearts by partnering with CLUB203 organizers to create exciting, community-building events that epitomize Westport's inclusive nature."
Club203, supported by the Commission on People with Disabilities and Westport Human Services, was founded by passionate advocates and volunteers Stacie Curran, Sharuna Mehesh, and Kathryn Turley-Sonne, who recognized an unmet need for opportunities that offer authentic connections among post-secondary adults with disabilities.
Organizers added, "The monthly programs celebrate friendship and possibility for our participants. We can't wait for the new season to begin!"