The Westport Weston Family YMCA is excited to announce the addition of MX4 Small Group Training and MX4 Active to their small group training offerings.
MX4 Small Group Training sessions are open to people of all fitness levels who want to improve their cardio, power, strength and endurance while MX4 Active blends low-impact cardio and functional movement training to help members make gradual health improvements in a confidence-inspiring group setting that provides equal parts camaraderie and accountability.
“MX4 Small Group Training allows us to meet the needs of individuals who are more comfortable with small group settings because of the pandemic,” says Shelly Goldman, Director of Health & Wellness. “MX4 Active further helps us serve those wish to participate in group exercise, but are seeking an option that is low-impact and at an appropriate intensity for their current level of fitness. These new programs ensure we create an inclusive environment for members of all ages and abilities. With our new Zone Studio, we can safely implement social distancing precautions by limiting the 1600 sq. ft. room to 4 participants and 1 trainer, perfect for a group of 4 friends, family members or individuals”
Each MX4 Small Group Training 30-minute session combines a variety of unique training tools including a functional training system, a self-powered treadmill, a rower and an upper-body cycle to help everyone from beginners to elite athletes maximize their results. With MX4, you will:
- Build functional strength by performing weight-bearing exercises that reflect daily activities
- Burn fat and build muscle faster with high-intensity interval training that activates a natural human growth hormone
- Augment power with diverse resistance training
- Refine agility with forward, reverse and lateral drills
- Improve cardiovascular health with full-body exercise that’s easy on your joints
- Increase aerobic capacity, strength and endurance with unique upper-body workouts
In each MX Active 30-minute session, members will be guided through scientifically validated programming designed to offer members a non-intimidating workout that:
- enhances stability to aid rehabilitation and reduce the risk of falls
- builds functional strength to reduce the risk of injury and maintain independence
- boosts flexibility for improved range of motion and greater freedom of movement
- improves cardiovascular health for increased energy and quality of life
- provides personal coaching and attention from trainers
Since each session is limited to 4 participants, members can count on plenty of one-on-one time with a coach who will help tailor the program and exercises to their ability levels and goals.
Registration for MX4 Small Group Training and MX4 Active sessions opens on Sunday, August 23, with sessions expected to fill up quickly. Both sessions officially launch on Tuesday, September 8.
About the Westport Weston Family YMCA
The YMCA enriches the community by developing and nurturing the potential of every individual, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, our Family YMCA endeavors to serve all, regardless of financial capacity or physical capability.
The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.