Troopers from Troop G – Bridgeport arrested a Stratford man for DUI and possession of a firearm following a motor vehicle traffic stop.
On October 19, 2016 at approximately 6:27 p.m. troopers were conducting motor vehicle enforcement when they observed a gray 2017 Kia Sorrento traveling erratically on Route 15 Southbound approaching exit 41 in Westport. The vehicle was determined to be traveling well above the posted speed limit and the operator was failing to maintain one travel lane while operating the vehicle.
Troopers conducted a motor vehicle traffic stop of the Kia Sorrento on Route 15 near exit 41.
While speaking with the operator and sole occupant, Henshawn L. Bendolph, troopers determined Bendolph was under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. Bendolph was given a series of field sobriety tests, which he did not perform to standard, and was taken into custody. Troopers also located a small amount of marijuana and a 9 millimeter Smith and Wesson handgun within the vehicle. A records check revealed Bendolph was also a convicted felon.
Bendolph was transported to Troop G where he was fingerprinted, photographed and released after posting bond pending his court date.
Arrested: Henshawn L. Bendolph of Stratford, CT.
- Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs
- Reckless Driving
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Illegal Possession of Ammunition by a Convicted Felon
- Sale/Delivery/Transfer of Firearm with an Obliterated serial Number
- Illegal Possession of a High Capacity Magazine
- Carrying a Firearm While Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs
- Carrying a Pistol without a Permit
- Possession of a Firearm with an Obliterated Serial Number
- Weapon in a Motor Vehicle
- Violation of Conditions of Release
- Possession of Less Than One Half Ounce of Marijuana
Court: Norwalk Superior Court