Today is the DAY! The Connecticut State Police is accepting applications for the position of State Police Trooper Trainee. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2019.
The State of Connecticut, Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Division of State Police is currently accepting applications to establish a pool of qualified applicants to fill future vacant State Police Trooper Trainee positions across the State.
The Connecticut State Police offers numerous Career Opportunities across our beautiful State, with opportunities for promotional advancement and geographic transfers. Adding to the attractive locations and upward mobility are excellent Compensation and Benefits including a full Health Benefitspackage, along with additional Supplemental Benefits and a 25 year Hazardous Duty retirement.
The CT Troop locations nearest to Westport are:
|TROOP G – Bridgeport||149 Prospect Street||Bridgeport||(800) 575-6330|
There is a six stage process for hiring:
- Application Period:How to Apply for the SPTT Job Opening
- Physical Fitness Assessment: Candidates must take and pass a Physical Fitness Assessment that measures muscular strength, cardiovascular endurance and flexibility. Valid CHIP cards will be accepted prior to the CT State Police Physical Ability Test, tentatively scheduled for August. To register, please follow the instructions on the CHIP Test Schedule.
Instructional Video Links:
- Polygraph Examination: Inquiries concerning employment history; driving history; medical history; financial history; gambling history; illegal possession, use and sale of drugs/narcotics; criminal activity; military history; illegal sexual activity; use of alcohol; general personal data; prior conduct in police/security/corrections fields; subversive, revolutionary or gang activity; basic honesty and integrity.
- Background Investigation: Comprehensive review of employment, education, training, criminal, motor vehicle and credit history.
- Psychological Evaluation: Combination of written tests and interviews to assess suitability for employment in law enforcement.
- Medical Evaluation: Comprehensive physical examination, including drug screening.
Operational needs of the agency will weigh heavily on the initial assignment of hired Troopers. However, we work with our staff to identify locations that are geographically compatible to their desired location. The agency seeks trustworthy, motivated, driven individuals who are able to work well on their own as well as in a team environment. We strive to provide superior Public Safety Services for Connecticut and achieve them through our Mission.
DESPP is committed to protecting and improving the quality of life for all by providing a broad range of public safety services, training, regulatory guidance and scientific services utilizing enforcement, prevention, education and state of the art science and technology.
In striving to accomplish this mission, State Police embody core values with great PRIDE:
- Professionalism through an elite and diverse team of trained men and women.
- Respect for ourselves and others through our words and actions.
- Integrity through adherence to standards and values that merit public trust.
- Dedication to our colleagues, our values, and to the service of others.
- Equality through fair and unprejudiced application of the law.
To learn more about what it takes to become a Connecticut State Police Troopers, please view the video below and visit www.beaconnecticuttrooper.com.