Wilton Go Green’s 3rd Annual Zero Waste Faire & Sustainable Living Expo will be held Sunday, March 29 at the Wilton High School Field House from 11 a.m.-4 p.m., 395 Danbury Road, Wilton CT
The title sponsor for the 2020 event is Live Green/CT Southwestern Area Clean Cities. Other regional sponsors of WGG’s premier event include Sustainne, The Junkluggers, Bay State Textiles, Chartwells, and Natural Awakenings: Fairfield County.
The Zero Waste Faire & Sustainable Living Expo is a family-friendly event appealing to people of all ages. It will feature even more activities and interactive exhibits than those that received rave reviews from attendees of the two previous years. Citizens from Fairfield County and beyond will discover fascinating, feel-good ways to practice mindful living and creative resource conservation while minimizing the production of waste.
The Zero Waste Faire & Sustainable Living Expo will once again offer FREE drop-off collections of the following household items:
Outside in the Clune Lot*:
- Small household goods, furniture (no pianos) and appliances - Junkluggers
- Footwear, clothing, stuffed animals, accessories, linens and more* - Bay State Textiles
- Electronics Recycling* - Take2 Recycling
- Mattresses and box springs - Mattress Recycling Council
Inside at the Recycling Collections Table:
- Higher end textiles, garments and linens
- Used and unwanted crayons, markers, highlighters, dry erase markers
- Ink cartridges
- Candle stubs
- Bikes (1 per family)
* For a complete list of acceptable collection items click here.
Many more details about the event will be announced soon, but this news is being released now so folks can plan for donations of items accordingly. Collected household goods will be recycled, upcycled or repurposed.