The Wilton Farmers’ Market will kick off its 2020 season at the Wilton Historical Society on Wednesday, June 3rd! Supported by the Wilton Chamber of Commerce and hosted by the Wilton Historical Society, the market will take place every Wednesday from 12:00-5:00 pm, June 3rd through October 28th.
The market is comprised of local farmers and artisans who come together and provide shoppers a venue to purchase the finest locally sourced products. Featured are local Connecticut farmers offering seasonal and organic produce, fresh baked goods and pastries, food trucks with a selection of lunch items, local artists and crafters featuring their original and one of a kind art pieces, craft breweries for non-alcoholic beverages and premium imported Italian goods direct from Italy to name a few.
With the onset of COVID-19, we will be implementing new guidelines for the 2020 season. Our goal is to provide a safe market environment while limiting potential exposure to consumers, food, volunteers, and vendors. Our operating guidelines are as follows:
- We will limit the number of customers within the market at one time. Each vendor is allowed one shopper per space at a given time.
- The recommended social distancing protocols of six (6) feet of separation between individuals will be applied by placing markers six (6) feet apart in front of vendors and around the market where necessary.
- Foot traffic will be one-way. A designated entrance for shoppers will be staffed to implement proper headcount within the market during hours of operation.
- All shoppers MUST wear a cloth face covering at the market. We encourage families to limit the number of people coming to the market to the primary buyer only.
- Per Executive Order 7S, all market managers, staff/volunteers, and vendors must wear gloves and face masks at all times if they’re interacting with customers and/or handling products.
- If a customer brings a reusable bag, vendors are not required to handle the bag or fill the bag.
- Each vendor will wipe down the EBT/credit card terminal with an approved disinfectant after each use.
- Each vendor will have their own hand sanitizing station available.
- Each vendor is responsible for intermittently wiping down and disinfecting their work area and high touch points on the shopper side of their tables.
- Picnic tables will be off limits to shoppers for dining purposes.
- We HIGHLY recommend pre-ordering with vendors that are offering online orders. A designated “pick up only” table by the pedestrian entrance of the market will be available for quick accesses.
Here are our seasonal and guest vendors participating: (list will be updated throughout the season)
- Ambler Farm
- Athletic Brewing Company
- Bach to Rock Ridgefield
- Beldotti Bakery
- Bubble and Brew
- Dani’s Pantry
- Gazy Brothers Farm
- Jeff’s BBQ – pre-order Jeff’s BBQ Menu 2020
- Prospector Theater Gourmet Popcorn
- Veronica’s Garden