Here's the latest COVID community update from Wilton First Selectwoman Lynne Vanderslice. Highlights since October 22 report include two new COVID cases and an announcement that a member of Cider Mill school community has tested positive for COVID.
- Wilton: 2 new cases.
- Statewide: 679 new cases. 2.9% of current tests performed reported positive.
- Hospitalized Patients: Statewide, 1-net patient increase. Fairfield County, 1-net patient change.
- Deaths: Statewide, 8. Fairfield County, 1.
Yesterday, Dr. Kevin Smith announced a member of the Cider Mill school community tested positive for Coronavirus. All individuals who have had close contact are being contacted by our school administrators and directed to quarantine for fourteen days. Others who were not in close contact, but were in classrooms or other spaces with the individual, are being contacted by members of the Cider Mill administration and notified that they should actively self-monitor for symptoms.
The CT Data Center reported the following for Wilton as of 8:30 p.m. October 22nd and versus the dates prior to the start of Phase 1 and Phase 2:
- 285 cases, 78 additional since June 16th and 85 since May 19th.
- 5,114 residents tested, 3,964 since June 16th and 4,364 since May 19th.
- 7,781 tests performed, 6,329 since June 16th .
- 42 deaths, 1 since June 16th and 5 since May 19th.