November 2nd–The following are highlights from today’s CT DPH report versus Friday’s October 30th report.
- Wilton: 9 new cases.
- Statewide: 2,651 new cases. 3.35% of tests reported were positive.
- Fairfield County: 893 new cases.
- Hospitalized Patients: Statewide, 11-net patient increase. Fairfield County, 10-net patient increase.
- Deaths: Statewide, 11. Fairfield County, 3.
Again Wilton’s new cases were across a range of ages. One or more cases resides in a senior living facility.
Return to Phase 2:
Today, the Governor announced a statewide roll back to Phase 2 effective 12:01a.m. this Friday. This past month’s growth in cases was almost 3 times the growth in cases during the month before the start of Phase 2. The executive order and DECD guidelines will be forthcoming. Expect a reduction in restaurant indoor dining capacity, a limit of 8 diners per table and a 9:30p.m. closing except for takeout. Expect reductions in the size of gatherings. Telework is encouraged and those over 60 and those with chronic conditions are encouraged to remain home as much as possible.
Please be as diligent as you were at the start of Phase 2.
- Please follow the one-way aisles in grocery stores and other retail establishments.
- Please move to the right, in single file, on the NRVT and other trails when passing another person.
- Please wear a mask. Even when with just a few friends or extended family members or people you trust. Mask wearing is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself and others from the virus.
- In-Person: The polls are open from 6:00a.m. to 8:00p.m. You can find your polling location here. You must be in line by 8:00p.m.
- Election Day Registration: On Election Day, if you are not registered to vote, but are eligible to vote in Wilton, you can register and vote between 6:00a.m. and 8:00p.m. at Town Hall. Please bring proof of identity and residence and be in line by 8:00p.m.
- Emergency Absentee Ballot: If you are in QUARANTINE AND/OR COVID POSITIVE and can’t go to the polls, you can have a designee pick up and return a ballot for you tomorrow by completing an Emergency Absentee Ballot application. Read more here.
Detailed Case Data:
The CT Data Center reported the following for Wilton as of 8:30 p.m. November 1st and versus the dates prior to the start of Phase 1 and Phase 2:
- 316 cases, 109 additional since June 16th and 116 since May 19th.
- 5,498 residents tested. 4,748 since June 16th and 4,748 since May 19th.
- 8,652 tests performed, 7,200 since June 16th .
- 42 deaths, 1 since June 16th and 5 since May 19th.
CT DPH reported the following for Fairfield County and Statewide as of 8:30 p.m. November 1st:
- 25,048 cases, 78,867 additional since 6/16 73,858 cases, 28,429 additional since 6/16
- 1,439 deaths, 87 additional since 6/16 4,627 deaths, 408 additional since 6/16
- 93 hospitalized, 25 more than 6/16 340 hospitalized, 154 more than 6/16
Please follow the three W’s:
- Watch your distance
- Wear a mask/face covering when you can’t maintain 6 feet of distance whether indoors or outside
- Wash your hands