More Heavy Rain and Wind in the Forecast, Read Message Below from Eversource CT
Our crews have been working around the clock responding to outages caused by this week’s thunderstorms. At the same time, we’re also tracking and preparing for Tropical Storm Elsa, the first tropical storm to potentially impact the New England region this season. Though the storm’s track can change, it is expected to pass through our area early on Friday, bringing heavy rain and strong winds that may topple trees and power lines and cause power outages.
What we’re doing
- We’ve brought in hundreds of extra crews from outside our state to help and are calling employees back from vacation as needed.
- We’ve also stockpiled extra utility poles, wire, transformers and other equipment to ensure we’re ready to repair any damage we may see from this storm.
- We’re reaching out to you, our customers, as well our community leaders, first responders and others, to share important preparedness information.
What you can do
- Download the free Eversource mobile app to view and report outages.
- Review storm preparation and safety information, view and report outages, and see how we restore power during a major event at the link to Eversource.com below.
- Keep our phone number handy in case you need us – 800-286-2000.
Atlantic hurricane season is just getting started. You can count on us to be there when you need us.