At the onset of COVID-19, screening mammography was put on hold to help decrease the spread of the virus. One unfortunate consequence of this has been a substantial decrease in the detection of early-stage cancers.
Well, there is no better time than the present for patients to resume their annual screening. At Connecticut Breast Imaging, breast imaging specialists are prepared to care for patients in the safest and most compassionate manner, using state-of-the-art technology and top diagnostics.
- Patients will be prescreened over the phone for symptoms of COVID-19 and asked a few questions related to travel.
- At the time of the appointment, patients will be escorted by a technologist to a private room and given a clean gown for the exam.
- All offices use robust cleaning protocols and all equipment and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected after every patient examination.
- Waiting rooms are not crowded, and patients and staff are required to practice social distancing.
- All staff, patients, and physicians are expected to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- Frequent handwashing is practiced and sanitizer is available in every room
Rest assured, top radiologists are available at the practice to welcome patients and care for them in a timely manner, with thorough testing and open dialogue as they go through a screening and diagnostic journey.
Connecticut Breast Imaging is a patient-centered and compassionate radiology practice exclusively dedicated to the prevention, screening, and diagnosis of breast cancer and other abnormalities.
Contact the office at 203-426-3002 or visit the website at here for more information and to get your exam scheduled.