Here's the latest from Wilton First Selectwoman Lynn Vancerslice in regard to COVID-19.
The following are highlights from today’s CT DPH report versus Monday’s September 21st report:
- Wilton: 2 new cases.
- Statewide: 488 new cases. 1.2% of tests performed reported positive.
- Hospitalized Patients: Statewide, 4-net patient increase. Fairfield County, 2-net patient decrease.
- Deaths: Statewide, 4. Fairfield County, 1.
Reminder- the Connecticut travel advisory was updated on Tuesday. Among the changes, Rhode Island was put back on the list of affected states. The travel advisory, including the possibility of a fine, applies to both Connecticut residents and non-residents. Please read the advisory if you are traveling or expecting guests.
Today the Governor released information related to an expected October 8th phase-in of Phase 3. Among the expected changes are:
- Gathering sizes, social and recreational-Commercial or business location:
- Indoors: 50% capacity. Capped at 100.
- Outdoors: Capped at 150
- Gatherings sizes, social and recreational-Residences:
- Indoors: No change, capped at 25
- Outdoors: Capped at 150.
- 75% capacity for libraries, restaurants and personnel service businesses.
The Wilton Library will open on Monday, September 28th for in-person express services and other services by appointment.
Beginning Tuesday, September 29th through the November election, the Town Clerk’s office will be closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays for general public business to allow the department to process the 8,000 anticipated absentee ballot applications and returned ballots. The mailing of absentee ballots will begin on Friday, October 2nd. See the Town Clerk’s website for more information on absentee voting.
Detailed Case Data:
The CT Data Center reported the following for Wilton as of 8:30 p.m. September 23rd and versus the dates prior to the start of Phase 1 and Phase 2:
- 263 cases, 56 additional since June 16th and 63 since May 19th.
- 4,234 residents tested, 3,084 since June 16th and 3,484 since May 19th.
- 6,047 tests performed, 4,595 since June 16th .
- 42 deaths, 1 since June 16th and 5 since May 19th.
CT DPH reported the following for Fairfield County and Statewide as of 8:30 p.m. September 23rd:
- 19,985 cases, 3,604 additional since 6/16 56,472 cases, 11,043 additional since 6/16
- 1,421 deaths, 69 additional since 6/16 4,499 deaths, 280 additional since 6/16
- 14 hospitalized, 54 less than 6/16 72 hospitalized, 114 less than 6/16
Help keep our numbers low, please follow the three W’s:
- Watch your distance
- Wear a mask/face covering when you can’t maintain 6 feet of distance whether indoors or outside
- Wash your hands