Late last night, Wilton First Selectwoman provided a community COVID update announcing that Wilton has 4 new cases.
- Statewide: 985 new cases. 4.64% of tests reported were positive.
- Fairfield County: 317 new cases.
- Hospitalized Patients: Statewide, 41-net patient increase. Fairfield County, 14-net patient increase.
- Deaths: Statewide, 8. Fairfield County, 3.
Daily positive rates and rapid increases in hospitalizations are warnings that we all need to return to the diligence practiced before the start of the summer. Our health department is monitoring positive cases, a good number of residents in quarantine because of exposure and increasing cases in one of our senior living facilities. Coronavirus activity in Wilton continues to increase.
The breakdown of Wilton cases by age over the last 8 days are as follows:
- Under age 20: 4%
- 20-29: 29%
- 30-39: 7%
- 40-49: 7%
- 50-59: 21%
- 60-69: 18%
- 70-79: 4%
- 80+: 11%
Two more states were added to the travel advisory.
Thank you all for your patience and cooperation during today's election. Many town employees, including the Registrars and staff, the Town Clerk and staff, DPW staff and school custodians, worked hard to ensure that today’s election and absentee ballot voting was efficient and safe.
Detailed Case Data:
The CT Data Center reported the following for Wilton as of 8:30 p.m. November 2nd and versus the dates prior to the start of Phase 1 and Phase 2:
- 320 cases, 113 additional since June 16th and 120 since May 19th.
- 5,531 residents tested. 4,381 since June 16th and 4,781 since May 19th.
- 8,729 tests performed, 7,277since June 16th .
- 42 deaths, 1 since June 16th and 5 since May 19th.
CT DPH reported the following for Fairfield County and Statewide as of 8:30 p.m. November 2nd:
- 25,365 cases, 8,984 additional since 6/16 74,843 cases, 29,414 additional since 6/16
- 1,442 deaths, 90 additional since 6/16 4,635 deaths, 416 additional since 6/16