Yesterday, I spent some time at Weir Farm National Historic Site in Wilton. It was absolutely serene to walk the trails, watch and listen to the birds, and enjoy nature.
Please note that the park grounds and parking lot are open daily from 7am-5pm. However, all facilities, including restrooms, are currently closed and no water is available. If you stay beyond 5pm, you will be able to leave the parking lot (you just can't arrive after 5pm!)
A few things to make note of:
- Restrooms – please plan accordingly
- Burlingham House Visitor Center
- Historic Weir House, Weir Studio, and Young Studio
- Portrait photography and group activities are not permitted at this time.
- No drinking water is available - plan accordingly and bring your own water.
The Weir Farm campus, located at 735 Nod Hill Road, includes the home and studio of America's most beloved Impressionist, J. Alden Weir. Learn more here.