10 CT winners of this year's award
Matthew Beaudoin, President & CEO of Mystic Knotwork in Mystic, CT has been named the U.S. Small Business Administration’s 2020 Connecticut Small Business Person of the Year, SBA’s top award, according to an announcement made by Mark S. Hayward, SBA’s Interim District Director.
“We are extremely delighted to honor a truly amazing line up of small business owners and champions this year, said Mark S. Hayward, SBA’s Connecticut Interim District Director. It is important to recognize these outstanding small businesses in the state as they are the job creators, innovators and the fabric of our local communities!” “We hope the small business community will join the SBA and our host, Connecticut SCORE for an inspiring awards luncheon on May 7th in New Haven, CT.”
SBA Connecticut Winners 2020
- Small Business Person of the Year - Matthew Beaudoin, Mystic Knotwork
- Exporter of the Year - Richard Leite, Simtech, Inc.,
- Minority-Owned Business of the Year - Maysa Akbar, Integrated Wellness Group
- Microenterprise - Susan & Paul Doyle, Oasis Senior Advisors
- Woman-Owned Business of the Year - Kelly Fisher, Kelly Construction Services
- Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Business of the Yr. - Dr. Rachel Stansel, Environics
- Manufacturer of the Year - Maria Pinto, Industrial Strength
- Home-Based Business of the Year - Sharon K. Lewis, AdviCoach
- Financial Champion of the Year - Gary Besser, M & T Bank
- Womens Business Center of the Yr. - Women's Business Development Council, Southeastern CT
These prestigious awards have been recognized every year since 1963. The President of the United States issues a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, recognizing the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. This year, the dates are May 3 -9, 2020 with national events planned in Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Charlotte, Denver, and Orange County/Inland Empire. A
As part of National Small Business Week celebrated May 3-9, Connecticut SCORE has invited the U.S. Small Business Administration to highlight the impact of outstanding small business owners and small business champions throughout the state.
These businesses will be honored at the annual award luncheon. For more information and to register: https://conta.cc/2T90BAW.