HEADLINES

State Project Rehabilitation of Bridge 05849, Hazel Plain Road Over Sprain Brook, Woodbury

Woodbury's First Selectman announced that the Town of Woodbury is contemplating a project to rehabilitate the Bridge over Sprain Brook. 

The bridge rehabilitation project would receive federal funds under the Federal Local Bridge Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation. If undertaken, the project design would be expected to begin in early 2016, with construction likely in 2017 or 2018.

First Selectman Bill Butterly points out that local and state policies encourage information on such projects be provided to citizens early and encourages people to raise any concerns to municipal officials early in the planning process.  Persons wanting additional information should contact the First Selectman’s Office at 203-263-2141.  Federal aid would reimburse 80% of the bridge rehabilitation cost, with the remaining 20% paid from municipal funds.  The federal aid for the project was authorized under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) administered by the Federal Highway Administration and the Connecticut Department of Transportation.

Subscribe

Follow Woodbury HamletHub