A 2-day mountain biking camp on April 27th and 28th, gives you a chance to build up and clean up your ‘toolbox’ of mountain bike skills; from the fundamentals to mastering wheels lifts, high-speed cornering, drops, riding technical features and so much more! Join for a full weekend of skills that will equip you to better handle a variety of terrain with speed and efficiency.
The camp will blend an in-depth version of their traditional Intermediate / Advanced skills training with coached riding sessions. After camp, you will see an immediate improvement in your riding and a boost in confidence on technical trails. You will be able to tackle rougher terrain and corners with greater control and flow through singletrack, switchbacks, and berms with more speed and efficiency.
You can think of our camps as an awesome opportunity for what we like to call a “traincation”—a fun-filled vacation in which you get to spend most of your time doing what you like to do most— riding your bike!
The camp will be held at Sylvan Glen, Granite Knolls, Woodlands Legacy Park. for more information visit their website at #ridelikeaninja!
The camp schedule is as follows and can also be found on their website.
(Day 1) Saturday:
- 8:45-9:00 Meet your instructor | Arrival at course venue + equipment check
- 9:00-9:15 Let's get started | Introductions, camp overview, bike safety check, bike set-up review
- 9:15-9:30 Warm-up ride | Head to skills area
- 9:30-12:30 Mornings skills session | Ready position, bike-body separation, effective braking, fluid shifting, body positioning, wheel lifts
- 12:30-1:45 Lunch break | BYO
- 1:45 - 4:15 Intro to jumping | Manuals, bunny hops + how to safely jumping (and land) your mountain bike
(Day 2) Sunday:
- 8:45-9:00 Meet at trailhead | Gear up for day 2!
- 9:00-9:15 Review | Brief review of Day 1 skills
- 9:15-12:00 Morning skills session | High-speed cornering, switchbacks, drops, rock dodge, technical climbing & descending
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch break | BYO
- 1:00-4:00 Trail ride + skills application | Put those skills to work!
- 4:00-4:15 Review, questions & next steps | #Ridelikeaninja
*Clinic schedule and skills covered may vary according to location and terrain.