Special Olympics New York athletes and coaches throughout the state are now training in seven fall sports: bocce, cycling, golf, equestrian, soccer, softball, and cross-country running.
State Fall Games have returned and will be hosted by the Glens Falls community on Oct. 22 and 23 at sporting venues throughout the area.
Special Olympics Return to Activity Protocol requires that at least 80% of event participants be vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus.
To further ensure the health and safety of everyone who attends State Fall Games:
- All participants must wear a mask, with the exception of athletes who are competing or eating/drinking.
- All coaches and volunteers must be vaccinated.
- Athletes who remain unvaccinated must confirm a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test prior to attendance.
- Coaches/Bus Captains will perform a Symptoms Surveillance Check prior to travel.
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies have been moved outdoors.
- Isolation areas will be established at each venue and hotel, should a participant exhibit signs of COVID-19 during the event.
- Safety Squad volunteers will carry out disinfectant protocols throughout the event.
Unvaccinated status may result in further event and participation limitations, in accordance with local guidance. For additional information about our return to activities, we encourage you to review the Return to Activity Protocol and the High Risk Fact Sheet.