It is with great pleasure that the The African American Men of Westchester, Inc, (AAMW) congratulate Kyle Isaiah Cousins, son of Aero-Ba-Soul, Inc. CEO Kecia Palmer-Cousins and COO Kevin Cousins, for being selected as the winner of the African American Men of Westchester’s (AAMW) 2022 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Legacy Spirit of Love Award. Kyle will use his $1,000 Scholarship at one of the 7 Universities and Colleges that he has been granted early acceptance to with plans to major in Exercise Science
This honor places Kyle among an esteemed group of peers who have won in prior years. His talent, fortitude and genuine concern for the betterment of humankind
motivated the committee to select him out of the AAMW’s largest pool of highly qualified applicants to date. Kyle’s accomplishments serve as an example and inspiration to other young adults.
AAMW are excited to share that Kyle will be presented his award in person during a virtual and socially distanced program on Monday, January 17, 2022 at 12pm via YouTube.
We are very proud of Kyle and his achievement! Kyle is a very humble, kind, caring, A-honor Roll scholar athlete with a great sense of humor. A true “quiet storm” leader that positively influences his friends to also give back in the community in which they live.
Below, you will find all of the information needed to view the 21st Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Legacy Youth Awards virtual presentation. Please keep in mind that the Virtual Award Presentation will be available beginning this Monday, January 17, 2022 at 12PM via YouTube.
Congratulations to all of this year’s AAMW Youth Legacy Award winners! We applaud your accomplishments. The youth are truly our future and the future is now!
- Social Action: “The time is always right to do what is right.”
- Social Justice: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
- Peace/Nonviolence: “I still believe that one day…non-violent redemptive goodwill will proclaim the rule of the land.”
- Vision: “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal’
- Building Bridges:
- Spirit of Love: “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- William L. Carter Perseverance Award: ‘What are you doing for others?’”