Coronavirus Update from Town of Lewisboro Town Clerk, Janet Donohue
Today is Friday, March 27th, 2020. According to the New York State Department of Health, 15 Lewisboro residents have tested positive for Covid-19. That is an uptick of 5 since yesterday. Going into the weekend we feel it necessary to repeat the following information:
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Parking lots of major parks and preserves are closed. This affects the following properties: Leon Levy, Lewisboro Town Park, Onatru Farm Park, Fox Valley and Vista Playground. Do NOT leave your vehicle outside of our parks & preserves on the roadway. This measure has been implemented to enforce social distancing for the benefit of all residents and visitors. Failure to comply will result in police enforcement.
As our recreation space becomes more condensed, be extra mindful of the following health precautions
• If you have tested positive for Covid-19, were exposed to someone who has tested positive, are displaying symptoms of the virus or have been in contact with someone displaying those symptoms – DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!
• Covid-19 Symptoms: Cough, respiratory symptoms, high fever. If you have symptoms call your healthcare provider and, if first responders will be assisting in your transition to care let them know the reason for it.
• Wash your hands frequently with warm soap and water. Sneeze or cough into your elbow. Do not use your hands to touch your face. Stay a minimum of 6 feet distance from individuals with whom you are not sheltering.
OUR POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FIRST RESPONSE TEAM WANT YOU TO KNOW:
• Known Covid positive cases have been witnessed outside and about town. This behavior is IRRESPONSIBLE AND UNCARING and puts our entire community at RISK and is why we are considering more stringent/restrictive actions.
• Lewisboro have highest per capita number of Covid-19 positive cases
• Lewisboro have the highest percentage increase of Covid-19 positive cases
• STAY HOME TO SAVE LIVES. IF YOU DON’T, YOU ARE PUTTING LIVES AT RISK!
THE PLANNING BOARD: The Planning Board has temporarily pared back on submission requirements. There is a link on the homepage for our Planning Department to “Applications to Planning Board During Covid-19” under the “Key Topics” label. For any inquiries kindly call (914) 763-5592.
DEPT OF PARKS AND RECREATION:
FAMILY GAME SUGGESTIONS: DAY 9 - It's Friday!!! We got through another week.
Paper and Pencil Game/Activity – WRITE A LETTER OF APPRECIATION - A THANK You to a Soldier, Veteran, Emergency Personnel, Medical Personnel, - Most soldiers, firefighters, police officers, and medical personnel are required to miss their family meals, work in dangerous situations and work through the night to save lives and keep everything running smoothly. Many of these emergency response workers are unsung heroes, and while they don’t actively seek out gratitude for what they do it’s important to remember to thank them for their hard work and dedication. Send your letters to the Lewisboro Police Department, Goldens Bridge Fire Dept, South Salem Fire Dept., Vista Fire Department, Lewisboro Volunteer Ambulance Corp, or visit https://supportourtroops.org/cards-letters to(link is external) get the mailing address for a soldier.
Active Game – BALLOON TENNIS OR VOLLEYBALL -
String up a divider as a net and see how many times you can volley the balloon over the net without it touching the ground. Fly swatters, plastic spatulas or wooden spoons could work well for the tennis game, but they aren’t absolutely necessary. (This works best with only two children playing for safety reasons.)
Creative Activity - HOMEMADE PLAYDOH -
2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1/2 cup salt
· 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
· Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in
increments until it feels just right)
· food coloring (optional)
· few drops glycerin (optional- adds more shine!)
1. Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing
2. Add food coloring to the boiling water then into the dry ingredients (color optional)
3. Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
4. Add the glycerin (optional)
5. Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. * This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it’s the perfect consistency!*
6. (If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right) and then store in an air tight container for up to 4 months.
THE JUSTICE COURT: You can leave a message on the Court answering machine (914-763-5417) for any urgent matters - YOUR CALL WILL BE RETURNED. Please state your name (spell your last name), phone number and date of birth.
HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT: The Highway Department has reduced our daily staff by splitting our crew in two. Each crew will work one week on and one week off.